I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Stuffed Peppers

I was shopping this week and Red Peppers were on sale for $1.00 each which is a real deal so I was inspired to make some stuffed peppers. 

1 lb ground sirloin
4 large red or green peppers (tops cut off, insides cleaned)
3 cloves garlic - minced
1/2 onion - diced fine
1 cup mushrooms - chopped fine
1  14.5 oz can of tomatoes (I used stewed, but diced are fine too)
3 cups cooked rice (1 1/2 cups dry)
3 oz. shredded Romano Cheese
Dried oregano, parsley, basil
Salt and Pepper
1 jar of your favorite Spaghetti sauce

Cook the rice so you yield 3 cups.  While cooking rice, boil salted water in a large pot to cook the peppers.  Once the water boils, put in the peppers and cover.  Cook 5 minutes and drain inverted.

In a large skillet, combine sirloin, garlic, onion and mushrooms.  Add in salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and basil to your liking.  Cook until meat is brown and veggies are soft.   Stir in the can of tomatoes and about 1/3 of the jar of spaghetti sauce.  Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.  Add rice to meat/veggie mixture and combine.  Add in romano cheese and toss well. 

Pour about 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a large casserole dish to coat.  Add the peppers into the pan.  Fill the peppers with rice/meat mixture.  Put tops on peppers.  Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the tops of peppers.  Cover and bake for 30 minutes.

***Note:  You will only use half of the stuffing mixture.  I usually freeze the extra and use it next time peppers are on sale.  You could also make 8 peppers at this time, or half the recipe and not have mixture leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment