I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

One Day in Disney with a Four Year Old

When we started planning our Disney trip I had no idea I would have to plan so far in advance and have a strategy to get through the park easily.  The more I looked online, I realized that there is a whole Disney underworld I knew nothing about.  There are websites, books and more to help people plan every second of their day and strategies to avoid waiting in line for anything.  I really thought we would just go wander around Disney for the day and have a good time doing whatever sounded like fun, but then I quickly realized with only 1 day to devote the the Magic Kingdom and an impatient 4 year old I should have a plan.  This is what we did on our 1 day grand tour of the Magic Kingdom.

Arrive at park 30 minutes prior to opening.  Bring breakfast and just wait for park to open.  Also wait to watch the Disney Characters arrive on the train to officially open the park with their morning show. Once inside the park -head straight to Fantasyland.

9:00 - 10:30am
Pick up Fast Pass for Peter Pan
Ride Dumbo
Ride Cinderella's Carousel
Ride Snow White's Scary Adventure
Ride It's a Small World
Pick up Fast Pass for Mickey's Philharmagic
Peter Pan Meet and Greet

10:30 - 1:00pm
Walk to Frontierland - bathroom break on the way and a snack for my son in route
Pick up Fast Pass for Splash Mountain
Ride Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road
Ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Pick up Fast Pass for Jungle Cruise
Meet and Greet with Aladdin and Jasmine
Lunch at Pecos Bill's

1:00pm - 3:00pm
Bathroom Break
Train to Toontown
Ride Goofy's Barnstormer
Ride Speedway
Pick up Fast Pass for Toy Story
Monster's Laugh Floor
Stitch's Great Adventure
Snack, Shop, bathroom break
Ride Toy Story

3:00pm - 5:00pm
Use Fast Pass to Ride Peter Pan
Use Fast Pass to watch Mickey's Philharmagic
Use Fast Pass to ride Splash Mountain
Use Fast Pass for Jungle Cruise

5:00pm - 6:00pm
Shop/Bathroom break
Watch Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it Parade by castle

6:00pm  leave park and take monorail to Contemporary Resort

6:30 - 8:00pm Dinner at Chef Mickey's
8:00pm-9:00pm  Bathroom break and transfer back to Magic Kingdom
9:00pm   Watch Electrical Parade near entrance of park

We were done after that and quickly transferred back to our hotel.  The fireworks follow the parade so stay if you like. 

This plan worked great for us.  We were able to do just about everything we wanted to do all in one day.  Our son had a blast and loved it.  The longest we waited in line for anything was about 10-15 minutes which was great.  We did bring a stroller since there was a lot of walking for a 4 year old, but you may also rent strollers there.  I hope this helps you in planning your perfect day at the Magic Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment