I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Carmel, Chocolate and Pecan Angel Food Cake - Low Fat

I was in search of a quick, low calorie dessert to bring to a dinner party and came across this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine.  It was super easy and very tasty too!

1 box angel food cake mix (16 oz)
2 oz bitter sweet chocolate
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 T heavy cream
1/4 cup butter
pinch of salt
3 T toasted, chopped pecans

Prepare cake as indicated on box or buy a prepared angel food cake.  Melt chocolate in microwave - stirring every 10-15 seconds.  Drizzle over prepared, cooled cake.

In a small sauce pan, combine brown sugar, heavy cream, butter and salt.  Cook over medium high heat and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and cook about 4 more minutes.  Drizzle over top of cake.  Sprinkle toasted pecans over carmel and chocolate. 

Nutrition Facts
16 Servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories 177.4
Total Fat 9.6 g
Saturated Fat 4.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg
Sodium 29.7 mg
Potassium 43.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 2.4 g

No comments:

Post a Comment