I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Low Calorie Crustless Quiche

Mornings are busy in our house so trying to eat a healthy breakfast can be a challenge.  I decided to plan ahead and make something healthy we can quickly microwave in the mornings.  These quiches are tasty, easy to make and very inexpensive! 

5 eggs
3 egg whites
1 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced mushroom
1/2 cup diced red or green pepper
1 tsp olive oil
garlic powder
salt
pepper
cayenne pepper
4 slices 2% American cheese
Cooking spray

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray 12 count muffin pan well with cooking spray and set aside. 

In a skillet, add in olive oil, onion, pepper and mushroom.  Saute until veggies are cooked.  Set aside to cool slightly. 

In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites.  Add in milk and combine.  Add in salt, pepper, garlic powder and a few pinches of cayenne.  Combine well. 

Put one spoonful of the veggie mixture in the bottom of each muffin cup.  Put 1/3 of a cheese slice into each cup over the veggies.  Pour egg mixture evenly into each cup over the veggies and cheese.

Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until eggs are cooked through. 

Each quiche has about 50 calories. I freeze mine on a cookie sheet and then put them in a large freezer bag so they don't stick together.  Quickly microwave in the morning.  If you like a breakfast sandwich, serve on a toasted whole wheat English muffin!  You still have a quick, healthy breakfast sandwich for less than 200 calories!  Enjoy!

Also feel free to make variations of this recipe.  Here are some ideas:

Mushroom, turkey sausage, cheese and basil
Turkey bacon, onion, spinach and feta
Asparagus, Parmesan and garlic
Broccoli, turkey bacon and cheddar
Mexican - leftover taco meat, cheddar, salsa or tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment