I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Italian Chicken Stew

4 large boneless chicken breasts cut is small pieces
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
3 cloves garlic minced
8 oz sliced mushrooms
4 large carrots in 1/2 inch slices
2 celery stalks cut in 1/2 inch pieces
2 large potatoes, in small, thin pieces
1 cup white wine
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
oregano
basil
salt/pepper
Olive Oil

Saute chicken, onion, garlic, pepper, carrots, celery and mushrooms until chicken is cooked through. Add in wine and let cook down for a few minutes. Add in canned tomatoes and their juice. Add in oregano, basil and S&P to taste. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Add in potatoes, cover and cook for 1 more hour or until potatoes are cooked. Serve plain or over rice. Freeze the leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment