I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Sun Dried Tomato Risotto

I found this recipe online on a chat board....maybe on www.thenest.com but I am not sure (I want to give credit but I can't remember!). It's easy and oh so tasty! My husband requests this all the time. It's great as meal or side dish. My 3 year old also enjoys this one which is a real bonus for me. Enjoy!

2 cloves garlic minced
1 onion chopped fine
2-3 T olive oil
1 cup aborio rice
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped fine (that were packed in oil)
2 T oil (reserved from the sun dried tomatoes)
1/4 cup fresh basil chopped fine
2 T fresh Italian flat leaf parsley chopped fine
4-5 cups low fat, low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I like imported)

Saute onion, garlic and aborio rice in olive oil until onion is soft (a few minutes). Add 1 large ladle of chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes, basil and parsley. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes. Add in oil from sun dried tomatoes. Add in 1 ladle full of broth at a time and keep stirring rice until liquid is absorbed. Keep repeating this process until most or all of broth is gone and the rice is cooked through (it takes about 30 minutes or so). Once rice is cooked - add salt and pepper to taste and Parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment