I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Chipotle BBQ Burgers with Cole Slaw

I got this recipe from www.cookinglight.com. It was quick, easy and had a little spice. I served with a tossed salad and put the burgers on whole grain wheat rolls. I will definitely make this again!

Chipotle and BBQ Burgers and Slaw
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
Ingredients
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile's, canned in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 pound lean ground beef
1 large egg
Cooking spray
2 cups cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
Preparation
Combine first 6 ingredients. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer registers 160°.
Combine coleslaw and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a large bowl; toss well. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1/2 cup coleslaw mixture and top half of bun.

Nutritional Information
Calories: 358 (23% from fat)
Fat: 9.1g (sat 3g,mono 2.7g,poly 1.9g)
Protein: 32.1g
Carbohydrate: 36.3g
Fiber: 2.6g
Cholesterol: 115mg
Iron: 4.3mg
Sodium: 609mg
Calcium: 112mg

No comments:

Post a Comment