I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Beef Marsala Stroganoff

My husband loves beef stroganoff and chicken marsala so I got a little creative on a whim. It came out pretty good. I only had beef stew meat and it came out OK, but I think next time I would use a more quality cut of beef. My husband said he liked it just the way it was though.

1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat (or your beef cut of choice)
4 T flour
Salt/Pepper
1-2 T Olive Oil (I don't measure)
1 good size shallot - diced fine
2 cups washed, sliced mushrooms
1 cup low sodium low fat beef broth (give or take...I don't measure!)
1/2 cup of Sweet Marsala Wine (give or take...I don't measure!)
1/2 cup low fat sour cream (again...I don't measure so give or take)
Fresh Parsley
Cooked Egg Noodles to serve with

Cut meat into small pieces; place in bowl and salt and pepper meat, then coat meat with 2 T of flour (reserve other 2T of flour); Cook meat in olive oil in a large skillet until brown (it doesn't have to be completely cooked through). Take meat out of pan and set aside.

In skillet add in shallot and mushrooms. Saute a few minutes until cooked. Add in remaining 2 T of flour. Add in beef broth and wine and mix well. Add beef back into skillet. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, occasionally stirring. Add in sour cream and additional S&P and wine to taste. Serve over cooked egg noodles and top with fresh chopped parsley.

P.S. Leftovers freeze well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment