I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Crock Pot Beef Stew

Crock Pot Beef Stew

1 1/2 lbs lean beef stew meat cut in small pieces
2 T flour
Salt/Pepper
1 1/2 cups low fat low sodium beef broth
1/2 cup red wine
2 garlic cloves - minced
2 onion diced
4 carrots, peeled, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
3 celery stalks cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 T corn starch
3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 cups washed, sliced mushrooms
1 tsp dried parsley

Toss meat in flour to coat. Place meat in bottom of crock pot. Add carrots, onions, celery and mushrooms on top of meat in crock pot. In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of beef broth with corn starch. Add in the remaining 1 cup of beef broth, wine, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper and mix. Pour liquid over meat and vegetables in crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Then add potatoes and incorporate into veggies and meat. Cook for an additional 2 hours (if you are cooking on high) or an additional 4 hours (if cooking on low).

No comments:

Post a Comment