I gave up the idea of "having it all" when I was 35. I was single, never thought I would get married - let alone have a family one day. My career was going great, I was exercising and maintaining my perfect body, going out with my girlfriends, traveling the world and fixing up my house.

Flash forward to 2010 and I am married (5 years), have a 4 year old son and a successful career. My perfect body has long since left me, I still want to see the world, grow my career, enrich my relationship with my husband, raise my son to be a great man and make my home look and feel like Martha Stewart was just there. I spend a majority of my time "striving 2 B supermom" which means I am trying to find a way to juggle a career, marriage and family and maintain some level of sanity!

Is it really possible to "have it all"? Most days are full of laughs, stress, craziness and some fun, but it's overwhelming to try to fit everything in before bedtime. This is my world - my daily strive to become "supermom". It's a combination of my stress, happiness, shortcuts and planning that help me get through the week. This is for all you gals "striving 2 B supermom" too!

Avignonesi Winery Tour in Tuscany

I knew we wanted to do some type of winery visit and tour, but how do I find something that would work with our 2 year old??? I searched the Internet and found wonderful reviews of Avignonesi. I looked at their website and realized they did a cellar tour followed but a sit down lunch. It sounded perfect for us. I registered online at http://www.avignonesi.it/ for the cellar tour with a 3 course lunch. They were very accommodating and provided free lunch for my son and had a highchair available for him at lunch.



Here are some views of the winery upon arrival:






We arrived at the winery and entered into the wine shop and tasting area. While waiting for the tour, we kept the little one occupied while my husband checked out all of the different wines.


We began the hour long cellar tour and visited all different areas of the cellars. We learned about the history of this ancient madre wine and how the different wines were made. The tour was insightful and the guide was knowledgeable and very willing to answer questions. Here are some various photos we took along the way:






After the nice tour, it was time for lunch. When the tour ended we were led to the terrace for the antipasti (first course) of our lunch. We snacked on antipasti overlooking the beautiful hillside while sipping on Savignon Blanc. This was the fabulous spread and scenic view....

After the antipasti, we were taken inside to the dining room. We were served a Chianti Classico wine and a delicious pasta with an artichoke sauce. Wow, was that tasty! It was served family style with a huge platter of pasta (way more than the 4 of us could possibly eat). After the pasta it was time for dessert. We were served a dessert wine along with a dessert with a liquor. They planned ahead for my little one and served him a tasty gelato cake with chocolate chips in it (liquor free of course) that he devoured. After stuffing ourselves, we returned to the wine shop and ordered some wines to be sent to our home.

Here is my little one with our wine boxes out in front of the winery:

This gives you an idea of just how tall those cypress trees really are...









No comments:

Post a Comment